As most of you know I love kale! We’re actually growing kale in pots in the backyard, as I mentioned a while ago; but sadly these pretty plants did not survive the deer and NC bugs. We had a “deer attack” and sadly all of these sprouts were munched off. In lieu of this, I purchased a row cover to protect the next crop from deer, bugs and the cold. Until the harvest, though, I am excited to report that my favorite kale (the red kind) has been on sale at whole foods.
Breakfast of Champions
1/2 Tb butter, unsalted
1 Large Egg
2 Kale leaves, ripped into pieces and rinsed
English Muffin, Wheat,
Cheddar, sliced (as much as you want)
1. Melt the butter in your favorite medium sized fry pan and use a pastry brush to distribute evenly over the pan.
2. Fry the egg until your desired consistency (I like my eggs over medium).
3. While the egg is frying, toast your english muffin.
4. Once the egg is almost done, place the kale leaves in the fry pan and press with a spatula until tender.
5. Assemble egg sandwich and enjoy!!